Dr. Sri Sritharan has more than 20 years of research experience and is the author or co-author of more than 250 journal and conference proceeding publications, which cover a range of topics including ultra-high performance concrete, soil-foundation-structure interaction, precast structural systems, and seismic-resistant design. His research experience includes several major collaborative studies involving partnerships with more than 10 researchers and practitioners in each study. He contributes to various research on transportation projects associated with the Bridge Engineering Center.
- PhD, Structural Engineering, University of California, 1998
- ME, Civil Engineering, University of Auckland, New Zealand, 1989
- BSc, Civil Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 1985
- Member, International Faculty Board, Doctoral Program in Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Perugia, Italy, 2020–present
- Director, Structure Testing Facilities, Iowa State University, 2016–present
- Faculty member, Center for Post-Graduate Training and Research in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology, ROSE School, Institute for Advanced Study, Pavia, Italy, 2014–present
- Lead Faculty, Wind Energy Initiative, College of Engineering, Iowa State University, 2011–present
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geo-Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 2018–2021
- Interim Assistant Dean for Strategic Initiatives, College of Engineering (CoE), Iowa State University, Ames, 2016–2021
- Wilkinson Chair of Interdisciplinary Engineering, Iowa State University, 2016–2021
- Liang, X., and S. Sritharan. 2021. Use of Unstressed Strands for Connections of Precast Concrete Members. PCI Journal, Vol. 66, No. 3, pp. 49–66.
- Liu, Q., C. French, and S. Sritharan. 2021. Comparative Response of Rocking-Wall Systems with Cast-in-place and Precast Floor Systems in Buildings. Engineering Structures, Vol. 234.
- Liang, X., C. Du, B. Zhao, Z. Li, S. Sritharan, and H. Zhang. 2021. Performance of Circular Hollow Concrete Columns with a Single Layer of Transverse Reinforcement. Structures, Vol. 32, pp. 15–27.
- Kalliontzis, D., and S. Sritharan. 2021. Seismic Behavior of Unbonded Post-Tensioned Precast Concrete Members with Rubber Layers at the Jointed Connection. PCI Journal, Vol. 66, No. 1, pp. 66–76. Also, published in Japanese in the Journal of Prestressed Concrete, Japan, Japan Prestressed Concrete Institute.
- Liu, Q., C. French, and S. Sritharan, S. 2020. Performance of a PreWEC System with Precast Surrounding Structure. ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 117, No. 23.
- Honarvar, E., S. Sritharan, M. Rouse, and W. Meeker. 2020. Probablistic Approach to Integrating Thermal Effects in Camber and Stress Analyses of Concrete Beams. ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol 25, No. 4.
- ISU Award for Outstanding Achievement in Research, Iowa State University, 2019
- Member of Emerging Leaders Academy, Iowa State University, 2018–2019
- Delmar L. Bloem Distinguished Service Award for Outstanding Leadership of Committee 341 – Earthquake-Resistant Concrete Bridges, American Concrete Institute, 2016
- Martin P. Korn Award, in recognition for a technical paper in the PCI Journal that is most worthy of special commendation for its merit as a contribution in design and research, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, 2016
- George D. Nasser Award, for a paper relating to the design, research production, or construction of precast concrete structures, award recognized three co-authors who were 40 years of age or younger, 2016
- Y. Lin Award for contributions to the field of field of Prestressed Concrete, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 2016
- R. Boylan Eminent Faculty Award for Research, College of Engineering, Iowa State University, 2016
- Renewable Energy Impact Award, Iowa Energy Center, 2015